Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dukan Diet Day 12, PV day 4

Today is another protein and vegetable day. my weight remained 70.3kg. It has been on this number for 3 days. I don't know is this me or is it normal. The soup I ate for the last 2 days maybe a little bit too salty because I used the drainage of 4 crab meat cans as part of the water in the soup and they are salty. 


I just afraind of being the one that will never get ride of all the extra pounds. That is a nightmare.

Breakfast:
1 piece of lean ham, water boiled.
70g nonfat cottage cheese.

Lunch and dinner:
120g homemade yougert and 2 tablespoon oat bran.
5 stick of asparage, water boiled.
1 egg white
100g lilydare cocked chicken breast, water boiled.
70g firm tofu.
100g baby spring mix salad dressed with homemade yougert dressing.

Here I will introduce my vegetable shoots. I love the very tender and crispy taste of all kind of vegetables. Anyhow, all the baby vegetables and microgreens are extremely expensive. Since the theory of growing my own baby vegetable shoots are simply and easy to utilize. I decided to have them on hand right in my house. Unfortunately, we only rent a one bedroom suit with no patio or outdoor spaces. I have to grow them on the count of my kitchen. 


But they are just too easy to grow!!!


I didn't purchase any kind of seeds specificly for spourting. I just find all kind of berrys and seeds and peas and grains at the local grocery store. Even the organic ones are not that expensive if their outcomes are include in the calculate. Very tiny seeds can produce a huge bun of shoots or microgreens. 


For the best results, I find a local deal who sales organic baby blanket and kelp juice for sprouting with a very competetive price after I had tried using double layers of Bounty. I have to say that with baby blanket, the sprouting is getting much easier.

Here comes just a sample of the beautiful baby shoots.





Mustards, these babies are not come from organic original. I got them at the India grocery store for just $2.49/lbs! So that the offsprings of these seeds are not as good as those organic ones. However, I could not found any organic mustard on the stores which sales organic seeds. Anyway, the mustard teste just wasabi!!!! Tata, so ,a little amount of this shoots is enough for adding a great taste to the salad.

 Fenugreek. I have to admit that I have never ate any fenugreek in my life, either fresh or dryed. They looks like some small yellow stones when they are completely dry. I even doubt about their ability of gemination. These little "stones" turned out crazily active. Now they are still growing. I will have the first bite few days after.




Amaranth. Oh they are tiny. When they get soaked for 2 hours. They looked like tiny mini Jupiter. An transluent shinny globe with a hairy white ribbon round. They are normal amaranth, white. But when the geminating, they turned out pink, just like in the above picture. So girly pink. Pretty pink.


I love baby shoots. I definitely will post more pictures of them here later.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment